What are you looking for?
Search engines are a fine place to start a search of the Internet, but often the results are unsatisfactory. Besides, the Internet isn't the only place to find information. Our library has gathered some great resources for you to find the information you need.
- Use GALE Resources to find magazine articles, learn about careers (Career Library), and do research for health information, writing papers, etc. (Log in on the catalog page; ask your librarian for the password)
- Use Iowa Locator or WorldCat to find books, CDs, DVDs and other items in libraries
- Use HealthInfoIowa to start your search for health information
- Use our new online newspaper archive to search for events, people, and information from the past. This archive was made possible by a donation from the Irene and Oakland Becker estate and with the permission of publisher Gary Howe. Search by keyword, date, or name. Search tip: use quotations around a name when you search (e.g. "George Washington") to find a specific person. *Please note that issues may be out of chronological order in some years.
- Use Guttenberg Obituaries to 1930 - Alphabetical to help find genealogy information from the Guttenberg area.
- Use Guttenberg Newspaper Notices July 1903 to Dec. 1965 to help find more genealogy information.
- Use Guttenberg Press Index July 9, 1903 - Sept. 26, 1913 and Dec. 27, 2006 to Jan. 11, 2012 to help find more genealogy information.
- Use Guttenberg Press Index 2012 - 2015 for births, deaths, and marriages listed during these years.
- Read the History of Clayton County, Iowa : from the earliest historical times down to the present : including a genealogical and biographical record of many representative families, prepared from data obtained from original sources of information by Realto E. Price. 1916.
- See claytoncountystonestructures.com to view an inventory of all stone structures in Clayton County, Iowa. The site includes addresses of public buildings and short descriptions.
The subject guides
give you a great place to find information on travel, sports, genealogy, consumer goods and more.
can help you dig deep into all things Iowa.
Use the navigation links above right to find the information you need.
"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it." -Samuel Johnson