Find answers to questions
Library Reference Service
- Reference service is available during regular library hours.
- The library staff is available at the circulation desk to answer your question immediately, if time permits. Otherwise, information will be collected as soon as possible and the patron will be notified. Questions are generally handled in the order received. Call-backs may be necessary, depending upon what sources need to be checked, the type of question, and the time it would take to provide an answer.
- Questions can be received in person, by phone, and by e-mail.
- The staff can help you locate sources of information and reference materials to answer your homework and other questions. The library staff will give a short orientation to first-time users of the computers and reference materials, and will lend assistance whenever it is needed. However, the staff's role is one of guidance rather than instruction.
- Click on the link that says "Ask a Librarian" on the bottom of this page to ask a reference question.
- Here is a link to the Do Research section of the Web site.
*While all efforts are made to provide authoritative collections and information, the Guttenberg Public Library does not take responsibility for the accuracy of information as found in its resources and presented by its staff.