Borrow from another library
Policy and procedures on Inter-library Loan:
- A request should be made in person or by telephone
- Guttenberg Library patrons who are good standing may use this service. Open Access patrons need to request interlibrary loans through their home libraries.
- The material requested should have been published at least six months prior to the request. Some libraries will not loan their newest items.
- Our library is partially reimbursed by the state for interlibrary loans, but this does not cover all of the expenses for postage, mailing envelopes, tape, or labels. The service is offered free to patrons, but if you care to help defray the cost of shipping, a voluntary contribution is appreciated.
- In most cases, material can be kept for 3 or 4 weeks. The lending library sets the due date. There are no renewals unless special arrangements are made.
- There is an overdue fee of ten cents per item for every day the item is late.
- Interlibrary loan items must be treated with special care.
- Items must be returned to the circulation desk.