- Prohibition in Eastern Iowa: a history Sep 30, 2014 from 06:30 PM to 07:30 PM — Main library,
- Guest speaker and author Linda Betsinger McCann will share how Prohibition, the thirteen-year period in U.S. history that attempted to control the drinking of alcohol, affected Eastern Iowa. From farmers who grew corn, to bootleggers who brought in liquor from Chicago, to visits from Al Capone, to a gun battle on a two-lane highway, Eastern Iowa saw it all.
- After-School Program for Kids Sep 24, 2014 from 02:30 PM to 03:30 PM — Meeting room,
- Join us for "She sells sea shells by the seashore" - fun activities for school-age kids - on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 from 2:30 - 3:30 PM.
- How the Rare Gutenberg Bible Facsimile Came from Germany to Guttenberg, IA Sep 20, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM — Meeting room,
- During Guttenberg's German Fest, the library will be showing a video of an interview of Dr. Chuck Millham and Hank Moser, who discuss how the copy of the Gutenberg Bible came to our city from Germany. The video will be shown on the hour between 10 AM and 2 PM. Other short Guttenberg history videos may be seen as well on the half-hour.